Friday 1 February 2013

night flowering cacti

I inherited lots of things from my nan including, randomly a cactus plant. I've had it in my garden for a couple of years now, and not really paid it much attention. Until this week that is. For this week we noticed that it had sprouted - this weird long growth, and then it grew a bud on the end. It just stayed like that for a few days, then the night before last my lovely husband called me outside. It had finally opened up.

It was so pretty and smelt so lovely. We brought it inside to get a better pic.
















And I'm so glad we saw it! By the next morning it was already starting to wilt, and with the heavy rain last night, it is now looking very sad and sorry for itself. But for that one night - it was a random thing of beauty. Lovely...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails