Monday 22 April 2013

Random Vegetables...

So, I got a bit excited yesterday. There was a bag of random vegetables on discount at the supermarket. All I could really tell was that there was fennel included. And I have recently fallen in love with fennel. So I joyfully brought it home and now I have to work out what to do with it all!

The fennel was easy - I made fennel, potato and cannellini soup. It was so delicious, we ate it all up in one sitting, even little-miss-e enjoyed it.

But the issue is what to do with the rest of the vegies, and what they are! I have two turnips, a Lebanese eggplant and something else. I think it might be witlof? But I am really not that sure. So I have very little idea what I am going to make. But I really hate throwing out vegies, so I'm off to try and find some inspiring turnip recipes. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails