Thursday 17 May 2012

my creative space (with gluten free nutty chocolate slice)

It feels a bit like it has been one of those weeks. It's been really busy, and thinking about posting today in "my creative space" I wasn't sure I had anything creative to talk about. It's been a week of work, and washing and breastfeeding classes, and dinners with friends. All of which have meant I've felt like I've had limited time to create.

 But then again... I did finally finish sewing together the strips of squares for my baby blanket. And after avoiding dealing with the ends deliberating, I decided to edge the blanket before I finish off the ends. I was inspired by a lovely blogger from last week's creative spaces (I'm so sorry, I can't remember who it was - I've looked, but if I find you this in week's spaces, I'll link you up!) and have decided to try doing a scalloped edge. This is a first for me, as previously, I have always simply chained around the edges. Wish me luck.

I've also been creative in the kitchen. See, I get home from work pretty exhausted these days, so my lovely husband does pretty much all the cooking in our place at the moment. Although I have been stretching my baking fingers this week and make some Nutty Chocolate Slice - partly for a work colleague, who was having a bad week, and the rest has gone in the freezer to serve to our visitors when our little one is born.

I thought I'd share the recipe (given to me from a friend), as it is incredibly simple, fantastically tasty and gluten free (but without any fancy ingredients).

Nutty Chocolate Slice

1 cup chopped nuts (I use almonds, but any nuts will work)
1 cup choc chips
1 cup currants (or sultanas - whatever you've got)
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 tin sweetened condensed milk

Mix all ingredients together.
Put in a greased, lined lamington (slice) tin.
Bake covered @ 190 deg Celsius for 20min
Uncover and bake @ 170 deg for 15-20.
Cool in fridge and cut when cold.


So it seems I've had a creative week after all! How 'bout you - are you joining in with the creativity?

10 comments:

LionessLady said...

I'm sure the blanket will look lovely. Eat some slice, have a cup a tea and get stuck in!

sweet emmelie said...

cute blanket!

Debra said...

blanket looks great already....enjoy the slice...YUM

Notchka said...

Oh scallop edges look fantastic - so fancy. Just looking at that slice its going straight to my hips! Yum!

Sally said...

That baby blanket is so delightful. Not long to go now. How wonderful. So much lovely hooked into every stitch.

angeliki said...

Your blanket is so cute!The colours you used are perfect for a baby! And your cake looks so tasty!

NTCtag by Ning Tagle Clark said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by on my blog and leaving your lovely comments! Ning x : )

P.S. Your slice looks yummy!

Samantha Dennison said...

Your blanket looks so sweet. So does the slice! Mmmmm.

Seaweed and Raine said...

Your blanket is looking really good. All that love wrapped up into a blanket to keep your precious bundle warm and snuggly. Keep going - you're nearly there now! :)

becclebee said...

thanks everyone. The blanket is nearly done now and the slice was very yummy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails